Monday, January 28, 2008

Project Planning

In the corner of my living room next to the cozy reading chair with the best light, there is a pile of knitting books with post it notes on the covers. I am nearly finished with the mittens for Thing 3, and though I have two other projects on the needles and a pair of socks that I really want to start, I can't resist looking for something else to try. I want something small that I can finish quickly, knitted in worsted weight wool, maybe felted. I have found a couple of little bags I might try. I'm still deciding. I find that I like to have the supplies on hand when I go to start a project, whether it is knitting, sewing, other crafting, or even cooking. I hate looking through cookbooks and finding the perfect recipe, only to realize that I am missing one essential ingredient. I guess it comes from living so far from good shopping! So though I glance at sweater patterns, I don't have enough of the right yarn in the right color and I don't feel like shopping for it right now. Or spinning it. I have a skein of wool that I simply want to match with a project.
I am also working on a doll hat for an Edwardian Ladies Hat challenge in Doll Crafter and Costuming magazine. The buckram frame is wired and sewn together, now I need to choose colors for the fabric and trims. I have some off white silk doupioni that I want to use. I just need to decide if it wants to stay off white, or if I should dye it. Blue, I think. My favorite color lately seems to be red, but I also seem to be dyeing everything blue. Go figure.
Brenda

No comments:

Knitting Web Ring

Powered by WebRing.