Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mitten begun again

I finally frogged the mitten and I have been working around on a new version that I hope I have enough yarn for! I am almost done with the thumb gusset. I think that when I get to the top, I will wait to graft my stitches together until the second mitten is done just in case I run out of one of my colors, or something.

I ordered a new size 5 circular knitting needle from KnitPicks. Meanwhile, my wonderful husband got the broken off piece of plastic out of the size 5 needle point from my Denise needle. Yeah! It is saved!

I have not been enjoying winter very much so far. It hasn't been too bad, but we've been getting at least a dusting of snow everyday for a couple of weeks. That means overcast skies and no sun. I love the sun. I am a sun person, and the greyness really gets me down, whether it is because of snow or rain. I did see a bit of sun today, but not much. However, there was one day earlier this week when the flakes that were drifting down were very crystaline and reflective. I watched them swirling past the house out the back window and they sparkled in the sunlight like glitter. It was truly spectacular. I really enjoyed it while it lasted!

No comments:

Knitting Web Ring

Powered by WebRing.