Friday, November 30, 2007

Bad knitting moment

I have been dutifully going round and round on my scratchy wool, stockinette stitch pillow cover, since my other projects are stopped at points which require some thought. Yesterday, I brought it with me as I took Thing 2 to the chiropractor. I sat in the lovely waiting room chair, picked up my knitting, slid the stitches into position, adjusted my fingers and SNAP! My size 5 Denise interchangeable knitting needle snapped cleanly off from the cable to which it was attached. So not only did I lose the pair of size 5 tips (one now is plugged up with the plastic from the cable and I can't get it out) and the cable, but I had to sit and wait for 30 minutes WITH NO KNITTING! I did manage to survive.

I have been eyeing the Hamony interchangeable needles from Knitpicks. I think I will invest in some size 5 tips and a set of cables now! At least some good has come of this! I still have the rest of the Denise set which I have been using and enjoying for years, so I supose that I don't need the whole set of Harmony needles just yet...

No comments:

Knitting Web Ring

Powered by WebRing.