Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I started a new project Monday, finally starting in on the yarn I got from the Spin to Knit exchange. The yarn is so beautiful- a grey Romney skein and a blue Romney-Gotland blend skein. I started knitting mittens using a mitten pattern from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac. The cuffs are oversized to fit over a coat sleeve, rather than under. I have the cuff done and really like the look, but I am going to have to frog it and start over. I didn't knit a gauge swatch- I planned to frog if it wasn't like I wanted, since my yarn is limited and impossible to get more. I like the gauge I am getting, the fabric is a comfortable weight, so now I need to do some calculations and figure out where to go from here. Definitely smaller cuffs. I would just keep knitting, but I won't have enough yarn for the design as planned. I could knit just one truly beautiful mitten, but that really isn't the point...
Brenda

No comments:

Knitting Web Ring

Powered by WebRing.