Friday, November 23, 2007

I am thankful!



It is lovely sitting in my nice warm house watching the snow drift past the window. I was going to do a little shopping, but I really hate to drive in snow if I don't have to! I missed the whole thanksgiving with the family thing because I wasn't feeling well (I hate throwing up on road trips!) so I have had a couple of days of quiet. I am very thankful for my family, and for all the things that we have been blessed with. I have also been thinking a lot lately about how grateful I am to be able to make things with my hands.


That brings me to the above picture! This is the shrug from Interweave Knits 2005 summer issue and it would really like me to finish it someday. I started it not long after I fell in love with it, but then got side tracked with the wedding gift mittens I pictured in another post. This shrug is knitted from the center back to the cuff, then the provisional cast-off is removed and the second half is knitted. This shrug is exactly half done. Maybe I will take a few minutes to pick up the stitches later today. I actually really enjoy knitting lace, but it does take all of my concentration, which I cannot spare most of the time. My current mindless knitting project is a pillow that I am knitting in the round in stockinette. I don't even have to look at it as I knit.

Anyway, I dyed the yarn for the above shrug, so I thought that I would share a pic of the yarn in a ball and in the skein. I have been very pleased with how it looks knitted up. I use KnitPicks yarn for almost everything. They carry good quality yarns and the wools are soft!

No comments:

Knitting Web Ring

Powered by WebRing.