Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Swatch mitten cuff (soon to be frogged...)


I wanted to post a quick picture of my poor mitten! You can see the beautiful yarn (Thanks Holly!), that I would most certainly run out of if I continued as originally planned. Once I have taken a quick count for gauge, I will frog the thing and start again.
Knitting time has been at a minimum. The kids have been keeping me quite busy. Yesterday there was no school, so I took the three girls shopping for new coats and jeans. Gives new meaning to the phrase "shop 'til you drop"!
I posted some hand dyed sock yarn at my etsy store today, along with some very soft bamboo fleece throws that I hand dyed. www.dye4fun.etsy.com I am absolutely in love with bamboo fleece! It is fabulous to touch, and dyes wonderfully. I have been keeping my eye open for some naturally colored bamboo yarn to try (since I'd rather dye it myself...). I've also read about cutting polar fleece into thin strips and knitting with that and I have been wondering how that would work with this bamboo fleece, since it really is quite a bit different than polar fleece. I really must try it one of these days...

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

So, did you really frog it? It looks nice in the pic...

Brenda said...

I haven't frogged yet- I'm still working up to it. And I want to have a clear plan in my head where I am going next with it. I'm considering fingerless mitts- then I can just keep going! It shouldn't be such a major decision, it is just that I am quite happy with how it has been going so far except for the yarn supply issue...

Knitting Web Ring

Powered by WebRing.