Saturday, November 3, 2007

My two projects

Today has been kind of low key. I've been going through kid's clothes and getting rid of things that are too small, moving on hand me downs that have been grown into.


I did find a few minutes to knit. I only have two projects on the needles right now. The first is mindless knitting- what I was working on earlier. It is a cushion cover in stockinette stitch worked in the round. It is a lovely shade of blue, but the yarn is kind of scratchy and I don't really enjoy working on it. I bought the yarn at a local harvest festival a few years ago, intending to make a felted basket out of it. Turns out the darn stuff will not felt. It is too scratchy for anything that I would want to actually want to wear, and I don't have very much of it. Hence, the cushion cover that it is finally on its way to becoming. Someday. Once I get another project going, I'm sure it will fade into the background. Unfinished.


The second project is actually half done, and has been for awhile. It is from the Summer 2005 issue of Interweave Knits. It is a shrug with a leaf lace pattern that I fell in love with. I dyed several skeins of yarn for it and took right off knitting (yes, back in summer of 2005). Then 2 of my brothers got engaged and I decided to make hand spun, hand knit mitten sets with a joined mitten for hand holding for each happy couple. That project took me a long time- though it turned out well. I have worked on the shrug a bit since then. I actually enjoy the lace, but I need full concentration, which is in short supply here most of the time. Now that all the kids are in school, I should be able to get back to it. It is worked from the center back out, and is currently waiting for me to undo the provisional cast on and pick up the live stitches to continue on to the second half...

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Lovely mittens - especially the joined one - what a great idea!! Happy Knitting!

Knitting Web Ring

Powered by WebRing.